Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Peace Corps Disclaimer and Status Update.

PERSONAL OPINIONS IN NO WAY WHATSOEVER REFLECT THE OPINIONS OR POLICIES OF THE PEACE CORPS OR MY POTENTIAL PLACEMENT. ANYTHING EVEN SLIGHTLY RELATED TO ANYTHING IS MY OPIONION ONLY.

With that out of the way I have just received an update on my Peace Corps toolkit. It looks like I have cleared the last stage, placement. With that last little check box filled I am good to go. What’s odd about it coming through so soon is the fact I was told I would not hear or see anything for at least a month, possibly mid to late July since the placement officers are focusing on placing people for the summer currently.

That has me thinking that they may be trying to bump up my placement to fill a gap for the summer. I am just guessing, will see what happens. That could be good or bad, I really wanted to spend time with my family for two months, lose my little Buddha digging holes and shoveling rock working landscaping. I was really looking forward to it. Cheap beer never tastes better after you have worked for 9 hours in the sun pushing wheel barrels up and down hills full of dirt and rocks. Mad props to my Aunt Tina and Uncle Bruce for the incredible business and reputation they have for the amazing work they do.

No comments: